Friday, October 2, 2009

Neigbourhoods

Hey people,

I seem to have gotten over my wonderful ordeal or buried it. Whatever I have peace for now. So this week for some strange reason Ive had friends either married or about to get hitched moving houses or looking for in Nigeria. So we start talking about different neighbourhood's and wow boy ohh boy did it become very scary to me.

See growing up i lived in Surulere. Always been a lere girl, lol. Now when people mention that they are moving to certain areas it freaks me out E.G Iyana Iba, Sango Ota, Ketu, Ifo, Okoko. I'm not trying to bring down some areas or anything but it is weird when I try to imagine myself living in those areas. 1st of all I don't even have the faintest idea on how to get there, then moving there ? Lord ............

So after talking to my friends, I call up another friend, A guy and I tell him how the conversation scared the shit outta me,( Before you wonder why? I want to move back to Nigeria one of these days). Lets call my Friend Edi. So Edi says hmmm tell me which areas can you live in, Im like ok Surulere, Ikeja, Akoka, Yaba( Depends on the area), Ebute metta(hmmmm might not !), Festac, Mile 2 extension, Isolo, Okota, Gbagada (Bariga is so not included), Apapa(Hmmm dunno, its always flooded) and yes you know the other sides of lagos where everyone wants to live, Lekki, Vi etc But didnt mention those 1st, Being realistic you know........... So he says ohh madam if your hubby says you are living in Iyana Iba you betta go and find the best route there cos with marriage all your fantasies jump out the window. Im like damnnnnnnnnnnn. Abeg Thank God I'm not in that situation, cos nah cry ohhhhhhhhhhhh. God you see my heart desires, Please have mercy on me .....

4 comments:

Enkay said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

lol @ Iyana-Iba. Infact I only just went to that part of the Lagos for the first time several weeks ago to attend a wedding.

But it wasn't so bad....yeah right! lol!

Nice blog!

Nice Anon said...

LOL I guess Iyana Iba is a ghetto or something?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

lol! iyana-anywhere for that matter, =)

Reality is that Lagos is one of the most expensive cities in the world so living in the places most of us are familiar with are next to impossible not even because of cost, but because everyone is vying to live there as well. I have heard how much homes in Surulere and Ikeja or festac are going for now. When I was a kid, Festac was like driving to another country. I would always pass out in the car. So, if your friends are moving to the boondocks, they probaby have little choice. But gosh, I can't imagine the traffic they will deal with if they have to come tothe mainland.

Hope all is well.


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

LASGIDI/ NY said...

All is well. Thanks Guy for stopping by. Its great to be able to express ones self on this blog.